Re: Gnome/Linux Application Installer

	No.  He's right.  Even if you assume that RPM is the default, you
have other problems.  (I believe that LSB said a while back that RPM will
probably be the default package manager, but I could be wrong.)

	What is needed is a way to setup more of the application.  For
example, should the application create desktop icons?  Add itself to the
panel menu?  Hoe about as a base panel button?  What about if it's a user
installing it versus the root user? (A user, would, of course, be
installing into their home directory.)  Should it get added to the
configuration panel?  Etc.

	And that's just the beginning!  What if things are a little more
complex?  What if the application needs to ask questions from the user
doing the install?

	Anyway, that's what InstallShield does for Windows and Solaris.