Re: gtkicq woes

On Tue, 22 Dec 1998, George wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 22, 1998 at 10:52:52AM -0500, Jeremy Wise wrote:
> > This is because I can't seem to attach a button_press_event to a
> > gtk_frame.  I'll work on this - I completely forgot it wasn't working :)
>
> you'll have to add an event box if you want to attach a button_press_event,
> the frame doesn't have a window of it's own tocatch x events

OK.  I did this, and got the button_press_event, but then the applet never
refreshes itself, it just draws labels over existing labels, as if you
typed something on a typewriter, backed up and typed over it.  This is
bad.  Is there an easy way to make it erase the label before redrawing the
new one??  I'm using gtk_label_set() to change the status and number of
messages.  Any hints?

Sincerely,

Jeremy Wise