Re: CVS server (va.debian.org) is sending back crap!

sopwith@redhat.com (Elliot Lee) writes:

> >Watch for changes in this file.  If the entries for any of the modules
> >you are interested in changes, then the safest thing to do is to
> >delete them altogether and re-check them out.
> You don't have to delete them - just check out on top of the current copy.
> When used in this fashion, checkout is a "smarter" (if less bandwidth
> efficient) version of "update".

I've seen cvs complain with "file x is in the way; move it out first"
when I do this on occasion.  I haven't quite established exactly how
it gets into this state, and it appeared to be happening for him -
hence my comment.
--
Sam Vilain, sam@whoever.com         work: sam.vilain@unisys.com
http://www.hydro.gen.nz                home: sam@hydro.gen.nz