Re: CVS doesn't like its own checkouts???

+----- From: Jonathan Sergent <sergent+gnome@kgb.etla.net>
| In message <199812181737.MAA03403@ECE.CMU.EDU>, "Brandon S. Allbery" writes:
|  ] Invariably when updating ORBit, gnome-libs, and gnome-core (the ones with
|  ] the sticky tags) I must remove the modules and re-checkout them;
|  ] otherwise, every single file in each module gets "move away <file>; it
|  ] is in the way".  IOW if
|  ] I sticky-tag it it doesn't want me to ever update it.  :-(
|
| This doesn't happen to me with the cvs-1.10.2-1 RPM from RH 5.2.
| What command are you using for update?
+--->8

(. .ENV-gnome; cvs -z4 get -rGNOME_STABLE gnome-libs gnome-core)

.ENV-gnome points to the DNS round-robin currently, although I have a
.ENV-fixme that points to va.debian.org as a backup :-)

As it turns out, I was wrong about it being every file in the module; it's
the linked modules (macros, libvfs, libart_lgpl, ...) that won't update
properly.

This is happening at home (RH5.0 with RH5.2's CVS package) and at work
(SPARC Ultra 10, Solaris 2.5.1, cvs-1.10.4).

--
brandon s. allbery	[os/2][linux][solaris][japh]	 allbery@kf8nh.apk.net
system administrator	     [WAY too many hats]	   allbery@ece.cmu.edu