Re: Creating a new Gnome app with Autoconf/Automake

Kevin Atkinson wrote:

> I am really sorry for having to ask such a stupid question but is there
> any documentation for what is needed to create a new Gnome app with
> Autoconf and Automake?  If not could some when please tell me what needs
> to be done.
>
> I would like to create a gnome frontend for my aspell utility.  I would
> like for the gnome support to be a compile time options but what now I
> will settle with just getting the front end to compile period.  I
> started writing in with GTK+ but realized I mateswell go for a gnome
> full gnome app now as it would be easier than switching over latter.  I
> have a working Autoconf/Automake configuration now with just using Gtk+.

You might try checking out the gnome-common module from the CVS. From
the README:
"This directory contains sample files that should be in pretty much
every GNOME application."

It contains a minimal GNOMEish configure.in and Makefile.am, along with
the intl, macros, and support dirs.

Max Watson <redline@intrex.net>