Creating a new Gnome app with Autoconf/Automake

I am really sorry for having to ask such a stupid question but is there
any documentation for what is needed to create a new Gnome app with
Autoconf and Automake?  If not could some when please tell me what needs
to be done.

I would like to create a gnome frontend for my aspell utility.  I would
like for the gnome support to be a compile time options but what now I
will settle with just getting the front end to compile period.  I
started writing in with GTK+ but realized I mateswell go for a gnome
full gnome app now as it would be easier than switching over latter.  I
have a working Autoconf/Automake configuration now with just using Gtk+.

Thanks in advance.

PS: You can find more info about aspell at
http://metalab.unc.edu/kevina/aspell/

---
Kevin Atkinson
kevinatk@home.com