panel applet switched movement?

Hi,

there are a few oddities in the movement of applets in switched mode.

1.) take a mini-commander and move the netscape icon to the
mini-commander: the switch takes place when 2/3 of the mini-commander is
crossed
2.) take wanda and move the netscape icon over wanda: switch takes place
at 1/3 of wanda's area
3.) take the control-center icon or any other square applet and move the
netscape icon over it: switch takes place immedeatly.

I would prefer it if switches takes place always after some threshold,
e.g. 1/3 or 1/2 of the applets area. I looked into the code, but didn't
found a reason for the described behavoir. I would say, that this is
caused due to the applets cell variable, which isn't initialized in the
same way for all applets.

Dirk