Re: Creating a new Gnome app with Autoconf/Automake

    Kevin> I am really sorry for having to ask such a stupid question
    Kevin> but is there any documentation for what is needed to create
    Kevin> a new Gnome app with Autoconf and Automake?  If not could
    Kevin> some when please tell me what needs to be done.

I recently helped someone convert a gtk+ app to use automake/autoconf.
A simple version, which assumes you have the libraries, was quite
easy -- I just put these two lines in:

INCLUDES = `gtk-config --cflags`
LDFLAGS = `gtk-config --libs`

Of course you should really do the autoconf feature tests, and for
those you can put something like:

AM_PATH_GLIB(1.1.5)

in your configure.in file.

This means that *developers* will need the glib.m4 file installed
properly, but end users will not, since they get the actual configure
script.