Re: Bug reports for 0.99 RPMs

On 18 Dec, Damien Miller scribbled:
->  I just installed the 0.99.0-0 RPMs.
->
->  Nice work! I especially like the pager applet.
->
->  Here are the bugs I have found so far:
->
->  General:
->
->  - All apps seem slower to update, the refresh logic seems to be less
->  efficient (relative to 0.30).
->
->  - The pixmap theme is especially slower at refreshes.

what do you expect :)

->  Panel:
->
->  - Sliding the panel is slow (using the RPM version of enlightenment as
->  my wm)

thats because the panel is a normal WM client - thus when it slides it
involves not just a trip to the Xserver but a trip to X, then a trip
for X to the WM then a trip form the WM back to X - then back to the
client again to get its synthetic configurenotify event. basically the
problme is: the panle does nto slide at X pixels per second, but at X
pixels per step - thus a slow machine will slide it slowly, a fast
machine will do it quickly. The "optimal" solution is for the panel to
time the time between moves and adjust its distance to "slide" each
iteration according to how long the last one took.

->  Mini-commander applet:
->
->  - Terminals executed from the applet do not display, but consume 100%
->  CPU
->
->  GMC:
->
->  - GMC displays home directory in right hand pane, but root dir is
->  highlighted in the left hand pane.
->
->  - No obvious way to close a pane
->
->  - No right-click menus on directories in tree view
->
->  - Icons sometimes disappear from right pane. Sometimes accompanied by
->  the appearance of a second vertical scrollbar. Switching to details
->  view and back to icon view seems to fix it.
->
->  Pager applet:
->
->  - It is hard to see determine the right hand side of the pager applet,
->  maybe add a border to it?
->
->  - When initially started, the pager does not use up the full allocated
->  width. This can mess up the panel arrangement.
->
->  - It is difficult to see the windows on the pager. Maybe make the
->  window color configurable?
->
->  - Configurable fonts?
->
->  - It does not appear to honour the "number of row..." and "number of
->  vertical columns..." configuration options.
->
->  GNOME control center:
->
->  - The control center does not allocate the required amount of space
->  for the right-hand pane. This causes an ugly resize when changing
->  selection.
->
->  - The way the control center keeps pages that you have visited is very
->  confusing. Maybe it should use a tab-menu and only keep pages which
->  have been modified? or just throw away changes that have not been
->  comitted (this strikes me as more intuitive)?
->
->  gnomecard:
->
->  - gnomecard starts up with a tiny (about 10x60) window. It needs to be
->  resized before use.
->
->  - It hangs upon selection of File->New gnomecard
->
->  gnome-terminal:
->
->  - Too much horizontal space is wasted by putting a border next to the
->  scrollbar. Can this be made configurable, or deleted?
->
->  - The scrollbar itself seems a bit too thick (at 1152x864).
->
->  - The range of characters which will terminat a double-click selection
->  should be configurable (like KDE's term or rxvt).
->
->  enlightenment config applet:
->
->  - The "Background Definitions" buttons seem to do nothing

shoudl work.

->  - No way exists to disable pixmap backgounds and use solid colors.

not currently - that is being reworked - or will be soon,

->  - It seemed to erase my previously saved changes when executed.
->
->  --
->  | "Bombay is 250ms from New York in the new world order" - Alan Cox
->  | Damien Miller - http://www.ilogic.com.au/~dmiller
->
->

--