Re: Freeze is too early

On 16 December, 1998 - Brandon S. Allbery sent me these 1.1K bytes:

> In message <vbr9u0gdod.fsf@snake.isode.com>, Bruce Stephens writes:
> +-----
> | "Brandon S. Allbery" <allbery@hilfy.ece.cmu.edu> writes:
> | > As I understand it, yes, it's a feature freeze.  A code freeze may
> | > follow later, but for now the idea is to concentrate on making it
> | > work instead of adding new features.
> |
> | Is this "work" as in "work on Linux and *BSD", or "work on lots of
> | Unix machines"?
> +--->8
>
> "Lots of Unix machines."  I've been building it (or at least
> attempting to) on SPARC Solaris 2.5.1 for several months now.

I've had no problems with Sol2.6/Sparc ... I've compiled the panel, pim
and some other stuff...

> | Is the 1.1 branch of Gtk+ frozen too?
> +--->8
>
> It was supposed to go into freeze before GNOME.

The words "Soon, very soon" came out of Snorfle's mouth on irc an hour
ago...

/Tomas
--
Tomas Ögren, stric@ing.umu.se, http://www.ing.umu.se/~stric/
|- Student of Computer Science at the University of Umeå