Re: Freeze is too early

In message <019101be28bb$758999a0$6801a8c0@lunitari.azcrew.org>, "Michael Mathe
rs" writes:
+-----
| With all of these messages concerning the freeze and whether or not changes a
| re applicable...  Especially in light of a
| large amount of discussion concering UI and common dialogs.. Does anybody thi
| nk that MAYBE this freeze is a MIGHT
| early!!
+--->8

You have it 100% backwards.  The freeze is so we can *fix* these problems,
rather than go off scatter-shot after lots of new features, leaving the
current stuff broken.

In re common dialogs:  if things have to be massively reworked, make what we
have work as best we can and redesign it for the next version.  (The
linux-kernel folks follow this rule as well --- several things are already
stacked up for kernel 2.3, including one that's considered moderately crucial
but which can't possibly be done in a few weeks.)

--
brandon s. allbery	[os/2][linux][solaris][japh]	 allbery@kf8nh.apk.net
system administrator	     [WAY too many hats]	   allbery@ece.cmu.edu