Re: CVS debacle

"Jay Nordwick" <nordwick@scam.XCF.Berkeley.EDU> writes:
> I would like to second this.  I have been trying to get a checkout and update
> of various modules, but it takes me literally hours to get an update done...
> by that time, I don't have time to actually hack any code.  I am using -z3
> on cvs.gnome.org.  I am almost scared away.  I am willing to contribute
> and seeing as I am probably one of relatively few using FreeBSD and NetBSD,
> I am trying to make sure it runs well on those platforms; but I can't get
> an update from CVS and am ready to quit.

I hesitate to suggest this, but I use dig to grab IP numbers, and then
manually set CVSROOT to a given machine looking for one that works,
and then always go to that machine directly rather than using the
'cvs.gnome.org' round-robin. This cured my problems mostly, but it's
definately a less than optimal solution.

Exactly who is responsible for the 'gnome.org' domain?

Michael.