Re: CVS debacle

On 15 Dec 1998, Michael O'Reilly wrote:

> Exactly who is responsible for the 'gnome.org' domain?

I admin the domain, under the direction of Elliot and Miguel.  I suggest
that everyone just chill out on the anonymous cvs front for a day or two.
The feature freeze is tomorrow, and everyone is working furiously
on getting their features finalized and into CVS.  The last thing
the developers need to worry about is fixing anon CVS!  Give them a
day or two and it will all be better, but for now, if you don't have
commit privs on the CVS tree, just forget about GNOME for a day or two.
It's not like anyone cares about bug reports with the tree so broken
from so many simultaneous commits, anyway.

I found my long-lost "XML for Dummies" book this morning, and I received
my copy of Scientific American in the mail this evening, and so I am
well-prepared for an enjoyable and GNOME-less evening ahead.  I suggest
that other non-developers find similar distractions.

--
Todd Graham Lewis       tlewis@mindspring.net      (800) 719-4664, x2804

"It's still ludicrous that nobody's ever made a run at us by making UNIX
 a popular platform on PCs.  It's almost too late now."  -- Steve Balmer
"It is too late."   -- Bill Gates             _Newsweek_, 6/23/97, p. 82