CVS debacle

Guys,

I'm sure most of you have noticed, but gnome anonymous CVS is a sick
experiment in human patience.  Why are we putting ourselves through
this?  If the anon CVS servers were in sync and up-to-date with the
announcements made on this list and on www.gnome.org, traffic on this
list would be decimated, and actual debugging/programming might even
occur.

I really would like to help debug gnome and write my own gnome news
reader, but I almost never have time to work on the actual code between
cursing and kicking my computer when gnome CVS is broken.  Skilled
developers with good ideas who want to contribute are a valuable
resource, and I think the sorry state of CVS is going to scare them
away.  If I was interested in gnome for the first time, I would
immediately become disinterested when my first 10^4897549875 attempts to
build it went awry.

Proposed solutions:

1) Get the brain-dead CVS servers out of the round-robin DNS entry.
2) Ensure that anonymous CVS is in-sync before making announcements.
3) Test build gnome before a cvs commit (this seems basic!)

Regards,
Jeffrey Baker