Panel GOAD revolution

Once upon a time there was a panel. The panel was fine. Then one day Elliot
and George came up to the panel and saw it was fine. This was not good they
thought. So they tried hard and hard until they managed to break it. But
then the evil god of "Thou shall not break code too much before a freeze"
came down upon them and taunted them until they went and fixed the panel.

Anyway ... in other words ... the new panel is WORKING and is in HEAD of
gnome-core now ...  at least it's working for elliot, miguel and me ...
it's corba interface is far cooler and cleaner and leaner and meaner ...
and it doesn't break source compatibility for applets too much (it does a
little bit but nothing sed or perl can't fix) ... I'll update APPLET_WRITING
as soon as I can

OK .. so what needs to be done is for everybody to update their
ORBit/gnome-libs/gnome-core ... and test this as hard as they can and then
flame us for writing buggy code ...

This at least thus far seems as stable as the panel before goad ... but
then again I've only tortured it a bit ... I'm sure other people will
do more torturing then I do ...

(now back to my previously scheduled studying for tomorrows final ...
hmmmm ... I haven't started yet .... wonder if that's a bad thing ....)

George

George Lebl <jirka@5z.com> http://www.5z.com/jirka/
  The following implements RSA in perl and is illegal to export from the US: