Re: CVS debacle

In message <36758BE9.67DDED9F@iname.com>, "Jeffrey W. Baker" writes:
+-----
| 1) Get the brain-dead CVS servers out of the round-robin DNS entry.
| 2) Ensure that anonymous CVS is in-sync before making announcements.
| 3) Test build gnome before a cvs commit (this seems basic!)
+--->8

The problem with (1) is that currently that means all of them.  :-(
(3) is irrelevant; I suspect live CVS is working fine.

The problem is that it only takes an out-of-space condition during an update
to kill an anon-CVS mirror.  If the mirrors had someone tending them all the
time, there wouldn't be a problem... but I'd have to guess that the folks
running them have about as much free time as I do (which is to say,
practically none) --- and it being finals week here at CMU, the 128.2 mirror
is probably completely unmanned at the moment.

Which doesn't make it any less frustrating, especially when there's no
response to messages noting that there's a problem with one or more of the
anon-CVS mirrors.

--
brandon s. allbery	[os/2][linux][solaris][japh]	 allbery@kf8nh.apk.net
system administrator	     [WAY too many hats]	   allbery@ece.cmu.edu