Re: Weird dependency conflict

On Fri, 11 Dec 1998, Charles Collicutt wrote:

> Hi,
>    Just wondering if anyone could help me: ever since I installed the
> debian gnome packages gcc has stopped working. I eventually pinned it down
> to something to do with libc6 (after most other things that relied on it
> started to die). I tried to reinstall the debian libc6 package but I can't
> as it conflicts with libstdc++2.8. I'm sure that's not right, the Debian
> webpage says libstdc++2.8 depends on libc6, definitely doesn't conflict
> with it. I now cannot install anything else that depends on libc6 and I
> can't compile anything myself as gcc won't work. Does anyone have any
> ideas? Thanks.
Which DEBIAN version are you using? The Slink (frozen) had major problem
in libc6, libstdc++ and other libs but they look solved now. After my
update two days ago everything is running ok.
I don't how current the debian gnome packages are and if they may couse
problems because I get GNOME from CVS. Works fine (except the broken
panel).
Did you look into the DEBIAN Bug Tracker at http://www.debian.org/Bugs ?

| Martin Hawlisch                           |
| Visit My Home Page:                       |
| http://freddy.rz.fh-mannheim.de/~hawlisch |