Re: Weird dependency conflict

Does the new libc6 package conflict with libstdc++ itself, or just the
version you have?  I think the newer egcs compilers use a different,
incompatible version of libstdc++.  Try looking at the requirements of the
package.  With rpm, this can be done with "rpm -qp --requires pkg.rpm" (I
don't know how to do this with dpkg).

I hope this helps,

James Henstridge.

(BTW, a debian users list is probably a better place to ask this sort of
question).

--
Email: james@daa.com.au
WWW:   http://www.daa.com.au/~james/