Re: gnome

GNOME: "GNU Network Object Model Environment"

The "Network" part of the acronym might suggest to some that Unix variants
not supporting networking may not benefit from GNOME. =)  CORBA is an
essential part of the project.

> Just a short comment on the above qoute though; not all modern Unix
> variants support networking and physical disks (no hard disks).

We understand your argument and that your solution is the most ideal, but
given the goals of GNOME it simply doesn't work. One of the goals of GNOME
is to run on most modern versions of Unix, and most modern versions of
Unix don't have a kernel-level VFS and probably won't.