Re: gnome

bratsche@dfw.net wrote:

> We understand your argument and that your solution is the most ideal, but
> given the goals of GNOME it simply doesn't work. One of the goals of GNOME
> is to run on most modern versions of Unix, and most modern versions of
> Unix don't have a kernel-level VFS and probably won't.

So an opportunity to strengthen Linux relative to all other OSes is lost
because "the goals of GNOME" cater to the lowest common denominator.
hmm..

I suggest that this matter can be resolved by designing VFS in such a
manner that is can later be folded into Linux (via linkage, module or
userfs).

Is userfs still alive?  I thought it went moribund.