Re: tcd and/or gtcd: Strange behavior???

  About bug in gtcd.
  ==================

> > > I had the same problem. When I would load it with a audio cd already in the
> > > drive it would work.
> > > If I put the cd in after it was loaded it wouldn't.
> > >
> > [more]
> >
> > Sorry, this is due to my patch to make (g)tcd reread the track info after
> > disk change. (Which seems is harder to detect!)
> >
> > Is this only happens with SCSI? (I have ATAPI one)
>
> I recently upgraded from ATAPI to SCSI, and now I have the same problem (on an
> otherwise unchanged system).  So very probably this has something to do with
> SCSI.  Also, I'm using Linux 2.1.129, if this is of any help.

I have SCSI CDROM and I have the same problem (kernel2.0.34)

> > Now, if you eject it
> > with (g)tcd and put audio-CD and push Play without closing it, what
> > happens? This is basically how I try to detect disk change.

If it was the disk you had in the drive, it will play. If you'll put a
new disk, it closes tray, but does not play. If you do it again it
will only accept the "original" disk and ignore new.

  Sergey