Re: tcd and/or gtcd: Strange behavior???

> I have SCSI CDROM and I have the same problem (kernel2.0.34)
>

> ... If you'll put a
> new disk, it closes tray, but does not play. If you do it again it
> will only accept the "original" disk and ignore new.

Correction: It will remembere and never update play list and remembers
the one of the first CD. If new CD has longer play time it plays but
track navigation is screwed up, if it has shorter play time it fails.
When it fails to play new disk you see in /var/log/messages:
Dec  3 09:17:34 sipan kernel: Disc change detected.
Dec  3 09:17:34 sipan kernel: CDROM (ioctl) reports ILLEGAL REQUEST.