Re: Few problems with gnome-core

On Mon, 30 Nov 1998, Miguel de Icaza wrote:

> > Grrr, gnome-terminal does not restore state properly, it looks like it's
> > hanging for the pty-helper again.  Unfortunately I don't have time to fix
> > this myself.
>
> Can you provide me with strace output for this?  Where does
> gnome-terminal and zvt hang?
>
> Miguel.

Hmmm, ok, I seem to have misjudged.  The gnome-terminal and panel both
hang on session restart in a select system call.  It is difficult to trace
since it only happens when they are started from the session manager, and
not from a prompt with the --sm-client-id switch.  Any ideas on how to get
a trace?

Manish Vachharajani               Some Haiku: A crash reduces
<mvachhar@vger.rutgers.edu>                   your expensive computer
                                              to a simple stone - Unknown