Re: Solaris

Brandon S. Allbery wrote:

> Approximate build order (some prereqs may be missed, already on AFS):

>         gtk+
>         guile
>         imlib
>         gnome-libs
>         libgtop
>         glib

This may be a typo, but glib definitely needs to be built earlier
on, _before_ gtk+, and thus also before gnome-libs.

>         mico
>         gnome-objc
>         ORBit

Since mico & ORBit are both CORBA implementations, wouldn't it
make better sense to group them together in the build order?  By
interleaving gnome-objc, it almost appears that ORBit contains
dependencies on gnome-objc that mico lacks.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is how I'd do the build order
(generally speaking, without regard to platform...if it's
different with Solaris, then never mind):

  Generic packages:
        autoconf
        automake
        libtool
        gettext
        guile
        gmp
        gsl
        libgr
        libungif
        esound
        mico/ORBit

  GTK packages:
        glib
        gtk+

  GNOME libs:
        imlib (dependent on gtk/gdk)
        libgtop (not sure about dependencies...?)
        libPropList (not sure about dependencies...?)
        gnome-libs

  GNOME language bindings:
        gnome-objc
        gnome-guile