Re: [WM] [ANNOUNCEMENT] wmakerconf 0.99.0

> 	  From the way I understand it, what Raster has been doing primarily is
> working on a "pixmaps" rendering engine.  Basically, it just allows you
> to specify a different pixmap to be displayed in place of the "default".

You are correct.

There are currently various rendering engines:

	the default engine
	the Win95 engine
	the Motif engine
	the Metal engine  (Java's Metal theme)
	the Pixmap engine

The Pixmap engine so far has a "wood"-like theme and Tiger has done a
NeXTStep theme (based purely on bitmaps).

Tigert and I concurr that the right thing to do is a NeXT-look engine,
as the pixmap engine can be quite slow for some machines.

There is one problem I see with the theming: there is no way to change
the scrollbar dimensions, raster commented quickly that it was hard
to do.  Raster or Owen, can you tell us what would be involved in
making the scrollbars bigger?

This post, as usual will be bounced by window maker list as I am not
on it.  Someone can forward this?

best wishes,
Miguel.