Re: what's the deal with libgmodule?

> Is this a new glib'ism?  Can someone please brief the rest of us on what's
> going on?  I wanted to recompile gtk+ to get themes, but it appeared that
> I needed glib, so I got the latest glib, and now all hell breaks loose
> because nothing is linked against libgmodule, so I have to recompile
> everything.

Yes, it is a new glibism.  You just need to make sure your
applications link with the -lgmodule-1.1 file.

You dont need to do much, just relink your applications after removing
config.cache and making sure "gnome-config --libs gnomeui" returns
-lgmodule-1.1 somewhere (ie, make sure an updated gnome-config is
installed).

Miguel.