Re: GNOME & KOM/OP

On Sat, 8 Aug 1998, Oskar Liljeblad wrote:
> I guess this has been discussed before, but...
>
> Isn't Orbit a registered trade mark for chewing gums or the name of a
> company making chewing gums?

Trademarked names are fair game if you:
  1) Don't copy the logo
  2) Don't interfere with their advertising or name recognition

Since we have absolutely nothing to do with chewing gum, and we certainly
won't use anybody else's logo, I think we're in the clear here.

Just to be safe, if there is a trademark of Orbit somewhere, something in
writing saying that they don't care would be useful.

-Gleef