Re: GTK 1.1 etc.

On Sun, 9 Aug 1998, Patrick Dunn wrote:
> I'd like to run Gnome .26 however, I'm aware it needs GTK 1.1x and this
> does not work
> with Gimp.  Is there a way I can use both GTK 1.0.4 and 1.1 so I can use
> gnome .26.

Yep, just do it. It will work as long as you have only one set of headers.
If you have both sets of headers you could end up compiling with the wrong
set. In practice the easiest thing is not to install the -devel rpm's or
the -dev .deb's for 1.0. Of course if you use the Gnome packages (out
soon) then you don't have to worry about headers at all.

Havoc Pennington ==== http://pobox.com/~hp