Re: GNOME & KOM/OP

-----Original Message-----
From: Oskar Liljeblad <osk@hem.passagen.se>
To: gnome-list@gnome.org <gnome-list@gnome.org>
Date: Samstag, 8. August 1998 09:08
Subject: Re: GNOME & KOM/OP

>From: Soren Harward <soren@cinternet.net>
>

>>Guys, seriously.  How are we ever going to get commercial support with
>>cartoon names like these?  Do you *really* expect Linux to lose its "this
>>is an OS for hackers" reputation by people telling their bosses "Uhh,
>>yeah, I can get a Linux box running X and GNOME, providing stable
>>internetwork data exchange through BABOON and ORBit.  You see this cute
>>little pengiun I drew on The GIMP?  Well..."
>

>I guess this has been discussed before, but...
>
>Isn't Orbit a registered trade mark for chewing gums or the name of a
>company making chewing gums?

I'm no lawyer, but as far as I know it is no problem as long as our
"orbit" is no thing to eat.

At least here in germany we have about 43 different Trademark groups,
and each produkt must choose it's relevant group.

If 2 Products have same name and are in different groups this is perfectly
fine.

regards,
   Michael