Re: Wheeled Mouse

[snip]
>if my hand't on the mouse anyway, it's often easier to scroll using
>the wheel than to find the scrollbar.  Up and down scrolling is more
[snip]

I agree. Additionally, I find scrollbars just generally ugly because they
destroy symmetry. They also take up space better used for content. Vertical
and horizontal scrollbars for the same canvas are always a lame solution.
You need to aim for and drag not one but two narrow and possibly very short
scroll handles. There's gotta be a better solution. Are we using the third
button for anything vital? Howsabout using it for scrolling in all GNOME
apps (probably all gtk+ apps)?