Re: Wheeled Mouse

Reklaw <adam@localhost.localdomain.demon.co.uk> writes:

> Want a taste of eight-way scrolling, use the gimp. Get scrollbars on
> your pic a drag the middle(2nd) button to scroll around the
> picture. It is so much more useful a wheel.

Sure, in the Gimp.  But having the wheel work in XEmacs and Netscape,
for example, is really handy.  It's handy in rxvt occasionally, too:
if my hand't on the mouse anyway, it's often easier to scroll using
the wheel than to find the scrollbar.  Up and down scrolling is more
common than 2-dimensional scrolling, and it makes sense to offer
support for hardware that recognises that.

I find the help viewer, convenient thought it is, much less
comfortable than Netscape, mostly because it doesn't support scrolling
with the wheel.  Its manpage viewing is just horrible compared to
tkman, but even so it would be improved by wheel scrolling.