Re: The new panel

On 03-Aug-98 George wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 02, 1998 at 09:08:12PM -0400, John Ellis wrote:
>> The lack of the icons on the panel looking like a button, troubles me. I
>> always
>> like feedback of a button press. Button indents when you press, and pops out
>> when
>> you let go. Perhaps a rollover button like those in netscape? I know this
>> would
>> just be eyecandy, but I would like visual clues as to what is 'clickable' on
>> the
>> panel.
>
> btw ... the button like thing on icons .. yes I want to do that too ..
> one solution while a lot of people like is tiles (then you can have two tiles
> for pressed up and pressed down) ...
>
> for a simpler solution when no tiles are present ... how about making the
> pixmap darker when pressed (it's a "cheaper" solution) ..

Has anyone else here seen what Chris Lahey did on the toolbar for his text
editor/word processor GO? It's almost exactly what's described here, and I'm
fairly certain it was relatively simple to implement, not requiring any special
pixmaps or what not... The url to the latest version is
http://www-personal.umich.edu/~clahey/software/ if anyone wants to check it
out...

--
Evan Lawrence