Re: Newbie try to build GNOME ... help

Hi!

On Mon, Aug 03, 1998 at 07:06:26PM +0700, Hendry Wijaya wrote:
> Dear Linuxer and GNOME Wiz :-)
> I'm new to Gnome and I try to build GNOME 0.20 from RPM source.

I'm not a RH user, but....

> checking for objdir... .libs
> creating libtool
> checking for c++... c++
> checking whether the C++ compiler (c++  ) works... no
> configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C++ compiler
> cannot create executables.
> Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.24935 (%build)

Have a look a config.log, near the end, there should be some
detailed discription of what failed in the configure run.
Take a look and perpaps by hand. But I think
there is something missing on your system, something like
c++-develeopment, c++-libs or so

Hope it helps

Philipp
-