Re: (preliminary) announce: gnome (un)packing tool

crn@ozemail.com.au wrote:

>   if anyone has some good ideas on what should (and should not) be
> included in a compression tool, let me know .. at work, i use winzip all
> the time, so at the moment, i'm aiming towards a 'winzip clone'.
My idea:
Make it extensible. Make loadable modules with a defined interface
for various compression methods. This should be not so hard (?). What
must a module
provide ? List all files to a list-structure, check-in/out files, create
new archives ...

Using modules makes it simple to include new compression alghorithm's in
the future
and also make it simple to add other, not yet supported ones.

Greetings
	AHz