Re: C++

Bruce McDonald <bruce@triphop.dyn.ml.org> writes:

> I also find it quite amusing the way the all these C hacks are put
> forward as valid work-arounds for missing language features - like
> implicit admissions.

I also find it quite amusing the way the all these C++ hacks are put
forward as valid work-arounds for missing language features - like
implicit admissions.

Features like garbage collection, object introspection, reflection,
functional programming, mixed-type containers, transformational
syntax.

My point being, it's not that C has the features of C++, it's rather
that there are projects where C is a meaningful and useful choice
(such as low-level toolkits of any kind, as well as
language-independant libraries - C can interface with anything more
complex than hello-world), while there just aren't such projects for
C++ (as these projects are better handled by one of the following: C,
Objective C, or Guile - Guile happens to be fully-blown language,
rather than scripting tool).

Of course, C++ /is/ better than anything else if that's the only
language you know. This is why GNOME should support it.

	Miro

--
I refuse to use .sig