Re: Icons of program

Steve> Couldn't you just use objcopy to add an additional section to
Steve> the executable with the icon in it?  (Granted, this is sick and
Steve> twisted, but it is possible.)

You can do this, but as far as I know it will only work on ELF
systems.  Also, it probably means putting BFD or libelf into MC.  I
don't know whether this will be acceptable.

I don't think this is that sick, though.  When I first heard of it I
thought it was rather clever.

Even if we do this we'll need another mechanism anyway.  This will
only work for exectuables, but we'll need icons for all kinds of
files.  Also, we'll want a mechanism that will work on non-ELF
systems.

Tom