Re: Icons of program

At 10:29 AM 4/19/98 -0400, raster@redhat.com wrote:

Hi,

>if you use the thumbnail viewer, check in ~/.ee/icons/
>u'll proly find form that dir on it will build a miror of your filing
>system - so if you have a thumbnail for a picture:
>/usr/local/pix/sky.png
>
>a thumbnail exists in:
>~/.ee/icons/usr/local/pix/sky.png

Yep, it works definetly better :-)
But there is still a problem: if I do "cp", and I change the location of
the file, what happens to the icon?

I admit I've been thinking about it for quite a while, without finding a
solution. The "more elegant" idea would be to put stuff in the executable,
but it would be too ridicolus.
Then... arghhh...

Shall we give up, and stop hoping to keep the reference to the icon after a
damn "cp"? :-|

Merc.
Tony Merc Mobily, technical editor of "Dev." and "Login".
Technical Writer
Edizioni Infomedia   : ++39-587-737460
Personal Phone Number: ++61-2-91301863 <--- CHANGED!!
Currently located in: SYDNEY, Australia (+10 hours GMT!)
mobily@infomedia.it