Re: problem compiling CVS mico

Max Watson wrote:

> At 07:10 PM 4/12/98 -0700, Michael Madore wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >I've managed to compile and install the latest imlib and gtk+ from CVS.
> >While trying to compile mico, however, I get the following:
> >
> >make[1]: Entering directory `/home/mikem/mico/auxdir'
> >/home/mikem/mico/./idl/idl --name dynany ../include/mico/dynany.idl
> >address.cc:437: assertion failed
> >make[1]: *** [dynany.cc] Aborted (core dumped)
> >make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/mikem/mico/auxdir'
> >make: *** [system] Error 1
> >
> >Does anyone have any idea what could cause this error?
> >

> Do you have HOSTNAME set for the computer idl is running on? That is the
> assertion at which idl is failing.

I'm having the same problem.  I have my hostname set, but (in my case)
the problem seems to be that idl can't find an IP address corresponding
to that hostname.  My system is connected through a cablemodem and
doesn't have a static IP address.  It's allocated via DHCP when I boot.
Since I don't have a DNS entry, the hostname/IP relation in my case is
somewhat bogus.  What would be the best way to fix this problem?

Any suggestions?

Fred Bacon
Aerodyne Research, Inc.