Re: [gtk-list] GNU Libplot, a device-indepdent 2D graphics library

atai@ece.ucsd.edu (Andy Tai) writes:

> Here is a little gem no one mentioned here. A 2d device-indendence
> graphics library that's free.  And from GNU.  Such a library is
> critically useful for what-you-see-is-what-you-get GUI applications.
> Do I smell capabilities similar

I've used this successfully with GTK, and I'm most likely going to
make it the graphing engine for the next (GTK based) version of
Xacc/GnoMoney/CBB/Watermark/etc (these projects have merged under the
new name GnuCash which will also support GNOME as an option).

Plotutils (the parent package of libplot) is a nice system, with
output to screen, fig, tek, PS, etc., but the current version
(plotutils 2.0) has a bug that makes the Xdrawable driver (the one
that lets you tell it to draw into a pre-existing Drawable unusable.
The latest Debian package has been fixed, and I've sent the patches
upstream.

--
Rob Browning <rlb@cs.utexas.edu>