RE: opening Gnome to multiple (windowing) systems

>--I thought I had sent the same kind of message already but I did not see
>it on the list, so excuse me if I repeat the same thing twice.--
>
>Hi,
>
>It seems that Kde/Troll lobby tries to kill Harmony (at least) with their
>last announce.
>
>I don't think KDE will ever do anything to promote the developpement
>of a free GUI for Linux.
>
>Thus, and as Qt is after all a very good library, wouldn't it be
>possible to make Gnome a platform that would allow anyone to choose its own
>GUI lib (wxGTK, GTK++ , GTK-- or Harmony) for its Gnome app?
>
>Wouldn't be possible to create facility for developpers to port
>their KDE  softs from close-KDE to an open-Gnome platform.
>
>Why doesn't anybody use wxGTK for its Gnome apps?
>Why isn't there any link to wxGTK in www.gnome.org?
>
>PS: I have nothing against KDE in particular (I use it)
>except, their (dictatorial) attitude and their strange addiction to Troll
Tech.
>(which I have nothing personal against except their tendancy to think
>we are completely naive)
>
> Bertrand

OK, so what you say is that you want KDE for Gnome (or something so). I like
the idea. Could this be done with Harmony as a GTK wrapper and using themes
in Harmony (to give KDE the Gnome aspect) and in Gtk (to give Gnome the KDE
aspect, I think Rasterman is working on these things). I can't do this
(because I don't know), it is only one idea to be coment, but please, not a
flame war because I think that Gnome, Harmony and KDE people have much more
important things to do.

- yiyus

(Do you know that sentence: "if I were a economist I wouldn't say how ecomi
should be" ?)