Re: gnome-keyring SSH agent behaviour

Antoine Jacoutot wrote:
> First of all, know that I'm running a system without PAM, so there is no
> way for me to automatically unlock the login keyring when login in.
>
> I have a stupid question regarding gnome-keyring SSH agent.
> Is there any reason why gnome-keyring SSH agent asks for the login
> keyring password when there is no ssh key file under ~/.ssh/ ?
>
> This does not make much sense to me.
> It is annoying when I use gnome-terminal to ssh into another box to have
> this keyring password prompt knowing that it is useless as I don't use
> key file authentication.
> I am aware that it can be disabled using a gconf or at compile stage key
> but still, this does not look like the right behaviour to me.
>
> What are your thoughts about it?

Sorry bout that. That's not good behavior of gnome-keyring. I don't
think this is the case any longer under the development series 2.25.x
and the future GNOME 2.26.x.

In the future could you address requests or bug reports to the gnome
keyring mailing list:

gnome-keyring-list gnome org

Or filing a bugzilla bug would be a good approach too:

http://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=gnome-keyring

Cheers,

Stef Walter