Re: Integrating a Qt application with both desktops

> [snip!] So I'd say the best solution is to either pick one desktop
> and require it to be installed and in use,

I was afraid of that.  This will be perceived as a serious limitation
by users, I'm afraid. :-/

> or implement both of these features yourself without using the
> desktops.

Yup.  But this will probably take more time and resources than I can
swing.

> I believe Qt has a simple help browser type of feature built-in.

Do you mean the whatsthis system?  We already use that in addition to
the HTML help, and the whatsthis works fine on both linux and win32.

> This is certainly an area we should work on for GNOME/KDE
> interoperability, since the lack of standardization here prevents
> developers that want to target both desktops from using the standard
> mechanism for either desktop.

Could delegating a URL to the right help viewer be a task for the
Window manager, maybe?