Re: Integrating a Qt application with both desktops

Hi,

There is no good way to display help or analyze file types using the
GNOME or KDE systems without requiring the corresponding desktop to be
installed; even if both are installed, things will be noticeably
broken for people actually using the other one; and also, you'd pretty
much need to link to both libraries which won't be very feasible. So
I'd say the best solution is to either pick one desktop and require it
to be installed and in use, or implement both of these features
yourself without using the desktops. I believe Qt has a simple help
browser type of feature built-in.

This is certainly an area we should work on for GNOME/KDE
interoperability, since the lack of standardization here prevents
developers that want to target both desktops from using the standard
mechanism for either desktop.

Havoc