Re: Integrating a Qt application with both desktops

Today, Steinar Bang (sb metis no) wrote:

  > Could delegating a URL to the right help viewer be a task for the
  > Window manager, maybe?

I wouldn't restrict this to help files. I'd provide a mechanism shared
between the two for opening documents, regardless of type. Whether this
means that a common lib<something> is shared between KDE and GNOME, or
whatever, I don't really care, and neither would any user. It shouldn't be
the job of the application to know whether to open GNOME's help browser or
KDE's. Likewise, it's not a window manager job, either. Window managers
should stick to managing windows. A common middle 'bit' on the other hand
could work quite nicely. If both GNOME and KDE use this, then it's
beneficial to everybody.

My 2c.

--
Mo McKinlay