Re: Ditching CORBA, again?

Miguel de Icaza wrote:

> > I remember the discussions that took place back then, and the key arguments
> > against OpenParts where:
>
> This was not the reasons we started Bonobo.
>
> Sadly, as any user of OpenParts can tell you, OpenParts is
> over-complex and lacks a number of features and simplicity found in
> other compound document systems.
>
> So, I designed and implemented the origina Bonobo: to be a system
> people would be confortable writting applications with.

Well, first of all OP is not the "document system", the K Object Model is.
Second of all, considering there is almost a quarter of a million lines of code
currently written to use KOM evidently people aren't finding it all too
difficult.

But oh well, since you don't seem to know the difference between OpenParts and
KOM I doubt you seriously looked at either.

BTW: With KOM you can create a full embedded Konq part with communication in ~ 3
lines now ;-)