Re: Ditching CORBA, again?

Cristian Tibirna wrote:
> Hence, after long debating and argumentation, supported
> with strong demonstration arguments, it was decided that for IPC/COM
> inside the same computer, shared libs are much more appropriate.
>
> Kanossa, which only replaces the old OpenParts (but lets untouched KOM)
> does exactly this: implements shlibs for component embedding. The results
> are already astonishing, as Kurt's article says.

This means that you can't embed remote components, which I assume
was one of the things people wanted to do with CORBA.
Correct?  Therefore, in a real way, CORBA is indeed being abandoned.

That said, I'm not absolutely opposed to ditching CORBA; I just want to
clarify the situtation.
- Dan

--
(The above is my opinion alone, and not that of my employer)