Re: Hrm. Now I know why this list is dead

On Thu, 20 May 1999, Glyph Lefkowitz wrote:

> If the leaders of any or either of these development efforts are going to
> be immature and bickering in the press, or with each other, I still think
> that the developers of these projects should cooperate to make a more
> pleasant user-experience for users of either.

Just as a sidenote: KDE does not have a leader, so any opinion you read,
either Mosfet's or mine, is personal.

There is an informal comittee for release schedules and such

> Marching off like this, while understandable, does even less to further
> the cooperation between these projects than Miguel's comments do.  GNOME
> and KDE should be integrated, and should allow interoperability.

Yes, but keep in mind that working in free time needs some rewards, even
if of a non-monetary nature. Miguel's comments are in the "debt" column in
my non-monetary rewards ledger.

 `9_ 9  )   `-. (    ).`-._.`)  ralsina@unl.edu.ar
 (_Y_.)' ._   ) `._`.  " -.-'   Centro de Telematica
  _..`-'_..-_/ /-'_.'           Universidad Nacional del Litoral
(l)-'' ((i).' ((!.'             Santa Fe - Argentina
                                KDE Developer (MFCH)
An opinion you can't give reasons for is not an opinion worth having (I)