Re: XGL and NLD10 Article, Is there still time???

Hi, John!

Thanks for the idea. The journal is still supposed to appear on the
15th as planned.

Theoretically, articles could be submitted on the last day before going
public if screenshots are within resonable limits (say, up to 5 or 6),
the grammar, etc. is within reasonable limits, and there's nothing we
need to worry about (ie. blant advertising texts, etc.)

 If you would like to write about "the awesome new rockingness coolness
bling that NLD10 will come with", go for it! Noone's going to stop you.
Really! ;-)

 However, the news is out, screenshots can't compete with videos, so
don't expect anyone here to write the story. But I could think of a few
topics for the next edition:

 * "Writing your own panel applet with Python" (Novells new menu seems
   to be nothing more than a panel applet.)

 * An technical story about the differences between both composition
   managers/window managers

 * A howto to get XGL, and the rest running on, for instance, Ubuntu.

 * An interview with gamehack: Who's the guy? He seems to have made the
   webpage of GnomeBaker, and the mockups of the menu. It's always good
   to know your designers.

Cheers,
Claus