Re: XGL and NLD10 Article, Is there still time???

On 2/8/06, Claus Schwarm <c schwarm gmx net> wrote:
Hi, John!

Thanks for the idea. The journal is still supposed to appear on the
15th as planned.

Yeah I dont think I will have enough time there really!

However, the news is out, screenshots can't compete with videos, so
don't expect anyone here to write the story. But I could think of a few
topics for the next edition:

Good point.

I will gather my thoughts and draft up something broader along the lines of
"How GNOME got its Bling back"
which will more look at all the coolness that has recently come in or is soon to appear widely accross the Gnome desktop and applications. Perhaps looking at things like
*DBus-ification
*Galago-ification (Presence aware)
*Avahi-ification
*NetworkManager-ification (Network aware)
*Tagging-ification (Tagging in nautilus, f-spot, etc)

Up for suggestions or comments on this one.

* "Writing your own panel applet with Python" (Novells new menu seems
  to be nothing more than a panel applet.)

I am in the process of writing a panel applet at the moment so will have a start at this one.

* An technical story about the differences between both composition
  managers/window managers

* A howto to get XGL, and the rest running on, for instance, Ubuntu.

And also doint this at the moment also.

* An interview with gamehack: Who's the guy? He seems to have made the
  webpage of GnomeBaker, and the mockups of the menu. It's always good
  to know your designers.

Cheers,
Claus

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I will get back to you with my progress

John