Re: XGL and NLD10 Article, Is there still time???

On Wed, Feb 08, 2006 at 07:16:49PM +1300, John Stowers wrote:
> Hey,
>
> Putting the community backlash and ill will aside for a moment, Wouldn't it
> be great to have an article in Gnome Journal about the awesome new
> rockingness coolness bling that NLD10 will come with.

You're definitely welcome to write one :-)  I'm not sure you'll make it,
but Claus our release manager has the final say as far as I"m concerned.
His word is law. :) (mostly because he does such a damn good job)

> I believe that open source is all about momentum, the project with the
> greatest momentum gets the news stories about it, gets the users, and gets
> the girl. I had the feeling that gnome had lost some of its buzz lately (due
> to KDE4 hype, linus loves KDE and other reasons) and now we have the chance
> to take it back. Closed development aside, look at it from the point of view
> of "look what can be accomplished with gnome!"

Sure, make sure you tell us all how to compile Xgl. :)

> Is anyone able to put together an article in time for the upcoming Gnome
> Journal about XGL/NLD10 (and their controversial gnome changes) then would
> it still have time to go in? Or should we wait for next time - if the
> controversial gnome changes have/are allowed into HEAD then maybe Gnome
> Journal could even lead with that next issue??

Well, I happen to talk to Miguel about this.  He had a partial
blog entry that he hasn't done yet, but I told him to send it
to me and we could shape it up.  If you'd like you could take
up this piece of literature clean it up (I haven't looked at it)
probably work out the missing bits with Miguel and then post it?
Does that sound good to you?  You get to talk to the (in)famous
Miguel de Icaza if that floats your boat.

sri